Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trusting God - Mrs. Carol Hopson

I was SO convicted of my self-centered sin that morning!
Why did I think that the twenty to thirty minutes of worship
music on Sunday morning had to be exactly what I
wanted? Why could I not rejoice in the fact that it was ministering
to many others? Because I selfishly wanted my
way…period! I confessed my sin to the Lord that morning,
and God has done a miraculous work in my heart. I asked
Him to make this a permanent attitude when the music
wasn't my preference, which is most of the time, and He has
answered my prayer. He always takes my focus to preferring
others in obedience to Him, and now I'm free to truly
worship my Lord again. Praise God for the miracles He performs
when we confess and then do what His Word says.
TO HAVE MY WAY
Sometimes I think it would be great
To always get my way,
To have things go as I had planned
And never feel dismay.
But that is foolishness to God
Who knows what's best for me,
For He knows what is needed and
He does it lovingly.
It doesn't feel like love when He
Allows such hurtful things.
But I must know Him well enough
And not keep pulling strings.
And so, as I grow more in love
My own desires grow dim.
I learn to trust my Father's plan
And leave all things to Him.
-Carol Hopson

Breakfast 6: Are You Taking God’s Counsel?
COME AND DINE…
1. Can you think of areas in your life where you are
using God's Word to guide your thoughts and actions on
a daily basis?
2. Is there a situation where things are not going well
and you haven't even considered going to God's Word for
wisdom and guidance? Look up Psalm 32:8; write out
what God has promised and what you are missing.
41
hopson 8-6-09 standard.qxp 8/18/2009 10:08 AM Page 41
Trusting God in Troubled Times
3. Spend some time in prayer, making sure that you
truly desire to go through whatever it takes to be "conformed
to God's image." Read Philippians 2:3-8, and
write out what following after God requires.
4. Feast on Psalm 42 and write down what God has
spoken to you about in this wonderful psalm.



As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: