Tuesday, November 23, 2010

C. Hopson-Trustin God in Times of Trouble

"He's whatever you want him to be. He's good
thoughts…good karma."
"So you're telling me that you are really God because
you can make him whatever you want in your mind." She
didn't agree with that but couldn't come up with a good
answer.
I took this opportunity and began to tell her about my
God who sent Jesus to die on the cross for me, but she shut
me up and said, "Your God isn't comfortable for me. I hate
Him. Mine makes me feel good. I don't have to do anything
I don't want…just be quiet and meditate!" With that she
headed out the door. I told her to have a good day and
smiled my biggest smile as she walked away.
What a failure…that didn't go well at all…I really didn't
get through to her…what happened? Here's where the
truth of God's Word was so freeing for me that day. "But
thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in
Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the
knowledge of Him in every place" (2 Corinthians 2:14). So,
what happened? Exactly what God knew would happen! I
prayed, I was available, she heard about Jesus, and His
sweet aroma of salvation was offered. God knew it, and that
was all I was responsible for. Praise God! The darkness that
had made me feel like a failure was lifted by the truth of
God's Word. You see, the triumph was in my obedience, not
the results! That was so freeing to me!
What's important to God is our obedience and availability,
not our own ability to do great things! That keeps me
focused on loving Him and obeying His Word and leaving
all the outcomes of life in His all-powerful hands!



As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: