Monday, November 29, 2010

Carol Hopson-Trusting God

BREAKFAST #10
Preparing the
meal…
WHAT VOICES ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
There is a way which seems right to a man, but its
end is the way of death.
-Proverbs 14:12; see also Proverbs 16:25
This is one of the few times when God repeats a verse
twice…with exactly the same words! Do you suppose it's
because we are sheep who are not so smart and need to
hear it twice? I think so! Oh, how often we think "our way"
is the best way, and we fight against the way God is taking
us or leading us.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but
the LORD weighs the motives. Commit your works
to the LORD, and your plans will be established.
-Proverbs 16:2-3
As I stood outside the airport in another state, in the
rain, and waited for an unknown person to pick me up for
yet another retreat, I was discouraged…and even a little
angry. I had waited almost three hours so far, and no one
had come to pick me up. Of course, my cell phone was dead,
and I couldn't locate any number to call anyway, so there I
stood…cold, wet, and disgruntled with God's way! You may
be thinking that this surely wasn't God's plan, and yet, I
had given myself and my day to the Lord to do with as He
chose. So, it had to be His way…but I didn't like it! How
could these people be so rude and thoughtless! Self-pity had
really set in, and I felt like a martyr standing there…suffering
for Jesus. But it was all wasted because my heart
attitude was not one that pleased the Lord.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: