Monday, November 22, 2010

Trusting God-Carol Hopson

BREAKFAST #5
Preparing the
meal…
GOD'S POWER IN MY WEAKNESS
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly,
therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses,
that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore
I am well content with weaknesses, with insults,
with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties,
for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am
strong."
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Are you boasting about your weaknesses today? How
about rejoicing over insults and difficulties you are facing?
Well, I haven't done it very often either, but God is teaching
me new things about my weaknesses and struggles. I'm
learning that they are a very important part of learning
humility and strength…my humility and God's strength!
While preparing to speak to a group of young people, I
felt extremely weak and inadequate, and as I approached
the day of the message, I felt even worse. I was having a
bad hair day, bad clothes day, and even my shoes weren't
right. Here I was, a grandma, going to speak to bright,
intelligent, very with-it Christian university students, and
I looked like their grandmother-and I felt even older. What
could I say that would interest them? How could I keep
their attention and know what they needed to hear? It was
at this point, about an hour before my message, that God
brought the above passage of Scripture to my mind. In the
past, I always seemed to focus on "My grace is sufficient for
you…," which was great, and I loved it. But I didn't usually
dwell on the part about being "content with weaknesses"
because that was how God would be glorified in my life.




As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: