Monday, November 29, 2010

Trusting God in Times of Trouble-Carol Hopson

BREAKFAST #11
Preparing the
meal…
BEWARE OF DISTRACTIONS
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold
of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies
behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I
press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward
call of God in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 3:13-14
Distractions are like Krispy Krème doughnuts! They're
so enticing and seem so harmless when you're indulging. As
I sat in Starbucks this morning, I observed a mother feeding
her five- or six-year-old child Krispy Krème doughnuts
and hot chocolate for breakfast. Now believe me, it looked
delicious to me, and the child was certainly enjoying all of
it. But I began to think about what that breakfast would
produce later, and I began to pity the teacher who would
have this child in her classroom. After being in education
for over forty years, my husband and I have seen the consequences
of all that sugar in a little body, and it isn't good
at all. What that precious child needs is a good, healthy,
nourishing breakfast that helps the brain function properly
and gives the body the vitamins and proteins it needs to
grow strong.


As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: