Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hopson Carol-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

Oh, how I love his attitude and what he chose to focus on.
I read this over twenty years ago, and I have truly never forgotten
it. In fact, in difficult times, I try to think of four
things, like Matthew Henry, that I can be thankful for, and
it always brings my heart to praise. I'm choosing to "rejoice
by choice!"
3. We focus on people and allow them to rob us of our
peace.
I am so guilty of this one! I have let so many people rob
me of my peace. Sometimes it was my husband or one of my
children. Other times it was a friend or co-worker or someone
in ministry that didn't treat my husband or me in a fair way.
But it was always my choice to give up my joy, be
angry, and lose my peace! David learned this so well when
he said, "This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word
I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, in God I have put
my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
(Psalm 56:9-11). It's interesting and important to note that
he reminds himself in four different ways to put his trust in
God…then he concludes with, "I shall not be afraid. What
can man do to me?" The key is to put your hope and expectations
in God alone!

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: