Monday, November 29, 2010

Mrs. C. Hopson-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

When I finally made contact with someone, after borrowing
a phone and calling my husband for the retreat
leader's number, I was told that they were already at the
retreat conference center, which was three hours away. The
only problem was that they had forgotten to pick up the
speaker! Now I had to wait another hour while someone
from the church came and got me and drove me the three
hours to the retreat. I arrived after having no lunch, no dinner,
and no apology when I arrived. They seemed to think
it was quite funny that no one was assigned to pick me up.
So, what does this have to do with "my way" versus "God's
way"? Let me tell you.
My way was to be angry, very angry, at their lack of sensitivity
and planning. My way was to feel very sorry for
myself and decide to never come back to this church again,
if asked. My way was to just get through the retreat with
my focus on getting out of there and getting home! But was
that God's way? "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another…" (Ephesians 4:32, KJV) came to
mind. Would my wounded ego forgive these people? Then I
remembered, "Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus…"
(Colossians 3:17). That meant that even in this situation,
my priority was to represent Jesus, to act as He would. The
battle raged in me while the worship music played on. You
see, I had yet another war going on inside as the fifteenminute
praise and worship part of the service went on for
forty minutes. It was now 9:00 p.m. and I hadn't even been
introduced yet. I had a one-hour message, which they had
notes for, and we were already an hour behind schedule.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: