Monday, November 29, 2010

C. Hopson-Trusting God

Are you getting a feeling for what was going on inside of
my very human heart? "My sheep hear My voice and they
know Me and they follow Me…" "OK, Lord, I am Your
sheep, a very weary, frustrated sheep, but I will follow and
leave all my anger and frustration in Your hands." At that
moment, God began healing me and gave me a renewed
desire to serve Him at any cost. The battle came and went
over and over during the weekend, but each time I had to
say, "I'll follow Jesus!" The last morning of the retreat, we
had more than fifty decisions for Christ…both new believers
and recommitments. Praise God for His work in all of
us…especially me! Do you want to know the rest of the
story? They invited me back the next year…and I went!
And yes, I was picked up immediately this time!
God's way was to do a work in me…to teach me that life
and ministry are not about me! He was reminding me that
I'm not in this for comfort or to receive special attention, but
I'm doing this work because He called me to it…for His
glory, not mine! As I put my injured pride aside, God drew
me closer to Himself, and I could again thank Him for
another lesson in humility and trust.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: