Tuesday, November 30, 2010

C Hopson-Trusting God

2. We focus on what we don't have rather than on all we
do have.
I once counseled a woman who had a lovely home and lots
of "things," but she wasn't satisfied. She always wanted
more-a bigger house, fancier car, and more expensive vacations.
She was now brokenhearted because her husband had
left her for another woman. This new woman was thrilled
with the house, car, and lifestyle he provided for her. It was
heart-wrenching to see her pain and know that her attitude
and response to God's Word could have changed everything
and probably would have saved her marriage. God so clearly
says, "Let your character be free from the love of money, being
content with what you have, for He Himself has said, 'I will
never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you'" (Hebrews 13:5).
The famous Bible scholar, Matthew Henry, was once
attacked and robbed by thieves. That night, he wrote these
words in his diary: "Let me be thankful first, because I was
never robbed before; second, although they took my money,
they did not take my life; third, because although they took
my all, it was not very much and fourth, because it was I who
was robbed, not I who robbed."

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: