Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trusting God in Troubled Times-Carol Hopson

Trusting God in Troubled Times
This morning a very unusual thing happened at our
house; we lost our electricity. For some of you that may not
be rare, but I assure you it doesn't happen very often in San
Diego County, so we were caught off guard. We were totally
without power and light, and it changed everything! I
suddenly realized that I couldn't get ready because it was
too dark to put my makeup on in my bathroom. I couldn't
cook, I couldn't work on my computer or study for upcoming
retreats, I couldn't read or do anything I needed to
do…all because there was no light or power.
This happened just as I was beginning to write this
book. As my husband and I went out to take a walk in the
dark morning, God began speaking to my heart, and He
overwhelmed me with this thought: "Look at all the things
you can't do because of the loss of power and light! It's the
same in your spiritual life. Without beginning your day
with Me, you have no power or light for your day." I realized
that when I'm not feasting on His Word for my daily
nourishment, I begin focusing on what is going on around
me…the financial state of our country, the political situation,
personal problems, and so on.
Then, as God so often lovingly leads me, He prompted
v
hopson 8-6-09 standard.qxp 8/18/2009 10:08 AM Page v
me to write about the importance of having "breakfast
with Him" each morning so that we will be prepared, nourished,
and ready for whatever our day brings. So this devotional
book is about beginning your day at the breakfast
table that our precious Savior has prepared for us. It's
about learning to trust Him in these troubled times!
It will then be your responsibility to "come and dine" and
receive the nourishment He offers. I encourage you not to
miss a single "breakfast" with Him as He has so much to
offer.
My Power and Light
I never should begin my day
Without Your mighty power.
I need Your help so much, dear Lord,
For every single hour.
I've tried to go about my day
Without time in Your Word,
And it just leaves me frustrated
And I have no reserve.
But when I start my day with You,
I'm able to believe
That all that happens in my day,
You'll help me to receive.
For with your light and power in me,
I will not bring You shame,
I'll know that all things can work out
To glorify Your name.
-Carol Hopson










As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors, typesetters, graphic designers and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: