Friday, December 10, 2010

C. Hopson-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and
delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is
near to those who have a broken heart, and saves
such as have a contrite spirit.
-Psalm 34:17-18, NKJV
4. He would sacrifice His life for me.
The Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I
lay down My life for the sheep.
-John 10:15
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only
begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should
not perish, but have eternal life.
-John 3:16
5. He cares about all my concerns.
If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will
hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within
me, Your comforts delight my soul.
-Psalm 94:18-19, NKJV
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out
of the miry clay; and He set my feet upon a rock
making my footsteps firm.
-Psalm 40:2
6. He forgives me every time I fail or hurt Him.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness.
-1 John 1:9, NKJV
7. He responds to my weakness with love.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected
in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather
boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ
may dwell in me.
-2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: