Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS: A Special Blend, written by Christian author Debbie Snyder

Excerpt taken from Chapter One: The Beginning

IT’S A BIG WORLD OUT THERE

The teen years feel like they will last a lifetime and then
one day that comes all too soon you are at their graduation
and letting go of your baby as they embark on a journey
beyond your reach. It is a very scary feeling. You hope and
pray that you have prepared them for the big world they
are going into and you think of all the things you could have
and should have done differently.

I love the scripture that says:
Train up a child in the way he should go, And
when he is old, he will not depart from it.
(Proverbs 22:6)


I have stood on that particular promise many, many
times.

It was very hard for me when the last one left. I used to
call her many times a day and at night I would sit in my
bath and pray and cry. My heart missed her so much. We
moms can be so strong yet so incredibly sensitive!
Now when my children come home to visit and leave
again I take precious memories of them and store them in
my heart, and once again I cry and pray.

An anonymous writer says it this way:
“As we change diapers and wash sticky little fingers,
give driving lessons and coach Little League, watch our
children marry and hold our first grandchild, we are
reminded in countless ways that motherhood is a journey
that never ends.”


I truly believe that is correct. It reminds me of a card I
received for Mother’s Day a few years back from Sarah. It
speaks of me guiding her life from finger-paint school days
to womanhood, and of teaching her God’s examples of love.
Those are the kinds of affirmations that make the journey
of motherhood all worthwhile.

This book is meant for every woman, whether or not you are a mother. It is a devotional that expresses not only our love for our daughters, mothers, and other loved ones in our lives, but also God's love for us as daughters in His Kingdom. If you are enjoying the excerpts from this book and want to read more, you can purchase a copy of the book by visiting csnbooks.com .

We appreciate comments and feedback!
Feel free to post your comments!

***************************************************


Are you a Christian author looking for a quality Christian publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book but have no idea where to start the publishing process? Then look no further!

CSN books offers quality Christian publishing services including: editing , cover design, printing, and distribution . Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE eBook, “Before You Publish” to learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher and sending out your manuscript.

No comments: