Friday, April 23, 2010

It has been over five years ago that I started journalling. It felt like the Holy Spirit came upon me and impregnated me with Bella Bluebell! Well, this spring she was fully birthed. By that I mean that the Bible study section that corresponds with the fictional story was finally completed. The fictional story only took about six weeks. That part was a breeze. But, the 14 week Bible study; well, I blood, sweat and teared my way through that part.

There are many reasons for writing this book. This book that was birthed out of my own emotional pain which sent me on a search for solutions to this mystery called life. I originally thought I would put it together as a sort of history/legacy for my own children. But then I began to think, hey, other kids and their parents might benefit from these hard fought lessons too. It might even grab a generation!

So, 'Bluebell, Sunflower and Frog Horn' became a story about little Bella Bluebell who awakens to find herself in a hostile, perplexing world. You, the reader are invited to join her as she works through the maze of adventures, pitfalls and fun-filled relationships...ultimately discovering her place in the heart of her heavenly Father. The symbolic fictional figures, illustrated by artist Frank Long, are taken from the world of flowers, showing an allegorical account of my life story.

The Bible study section is targeted for the pre-teen girl and her parents. One of the goals is to encourage dialog that will lead to better understanding; especially for the parent who has pretty much given up on ever relating to her "tween" age daughter.

It is my hope and prayer that the Biblical insights found in 'Bluebell' will infuse our young women with tools for personal growth, helping them fulfill their God-given destiny.

Shirleigh
(Shirley Converti)
4/26/10

No comments: