Thursday, June 4, 2009

MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS: A Special Blend, written by Christian author Debbie Snyder

Excerpt taken from Chapter One: The Beginning

SINGLE GREATEST DESIRE

As all of my children have grown and moved into their
separate lives I pray a different kind of prayer for each of
them. I pray that wherever God wants to lead them, wherever
He wants them to live, the job He has for them, the
place of worship He would bring them to - whatever His will
is, that is the cry of my heart.

It was hard for me to pray that prayer in the beginning.
It is hard for me to have my children and grandchildren living
states away… but more than anything, more even than
having them live close to me because I would love to see
them and spend time with them - I desire them to know the
gift of salvation and the Father’s perfect will. That is the
single greatest desire I have for them. I want them to have
a heart after the Father’s.

I believe that is His greatest desire for us, to know Him
in all of His fullness, to have an intimate relationship with
Him daily. Therein lies the peace and joy of life.

Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and
pursue it.
(Psalm 34:14)

I will hear what God the LORD will speak, For
He will speak peace To His people and to His
saints; But let them not turn back to folly.
(Psalm 85:8)

Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my
exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.
(Psalm 43:4)


This book is meant for every woman, whether or not you are a mother. It is a devotional that expresses not only our love for our daughters, mothers, and other loved ones in our lives, but also God's love for us as daughters in His Kingdom. If you are enjoying the excerpts from this book and want to read more, you can purchase a copy of the book by visiting csnbooks.com .

We appreciate comments and feedback!
Feel free to post your comments!

***************************************************


Are you a Christian author looking for a quality Christian publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book but have no idea where to start the publishing process? Then look no further!

CSN books offers quality Christian publishing services including: editing , cover design, printing, and distribution . Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE eBook, “Before You Publish” to learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher and sending out your manuscript.

No comments: